Here we go.

31 July 2016

2015, fin.

Hi, hey, hello! Here we are, right up on August 2016. I just don't know how much longer this can go on. I mean, the formatting and the work that goes into it. Woof. RIP blogs?

Let's finish 2015 and see how I feel. Everything's in order.

In October 2015, ATM, James & I went to Memphis to see Run The Jewels at Minglewood Hall  AUGH, such a good show. Those boys are pretty tite + right on.  It was really good, too, for us to reconnect with old pal James. 

National treasures, Run The Jewels:
 photo CD9C3317-97C5-46AF-9B6C-E2CF9CC84C0F_zpsolodwnfu.jpg

Coffeeshop newspaper funnies:
 photo BA42719F-8501-40DC-95CE-510E9687DD02_zpsuao7k0x7.jpg

"ATM's sound is between Jay Reatard and Isaac Hayes." - James
 photo E33D904C-F6E1-4658-AD6B-FDCE690A5675_zpscaysbawv.jpg

ATM + Ike setting up the hammock:
 photo A201A770-207D-416D-9398-73C827E923E0_zpsp4ib8khp.jpg

 photo 2F69CBDE-02AA-42C5-A510-8EEE855940D6_zpsafxalnlw.jpg

I love trade signs that have the thing they specialize in on them:
 photo 765DE16E-C2C3-4CC0-8843-798413B7024A_zpst0obyrjd.jpg

80's kid cavities:
 photo FBC2071C-8A89-4232-8676-01E60BACF40E_zps7ssdxfcl.jpg

KMHD + I went to Southaven, MS to watch pre-season RiverKings practice. It was a cool experience:
 photo 4A329AB7-DF57-45B6-82BC-10ECEB7BD5AC_zps3u1rtapg.jpg

 photo BB063142-37D1-4E7A-A1A6-AD1B227FE831_zpsxzzyu8hw.jpg

Got coffee afterward:
 photo 3DF8C6E0-B7B9-42F5-9061-1A6C86606B55_zpsleutexou.jpg

We attempted this malarky:
 photo A0EDE839-D45C-43F4-AABC-656D94972CD7_zpst35wthhl.jpg

ATM + I went to opening night:
 photo 71CC1AAF-4B77-4E4A-83AF-23C70A273C99_zpshwpjyza4.jpg

 photo 6C8BB2DC-2AE3-4F1A-86E4-5AF7462B71F1_zpsspghkoks.jpg

When was the last time you stayed at hotel that the windows opened?
 photo BAE89223-FE9B-4351-BE42-884916D8F1AA_zpsmt745bah.jpg

You can see the Memphis Redbirds' field from our room:
 photo EDD47588-425D-42DE-B13D-9CB57EE1E354_zpsqpb58yqh.jpg

 photo 8F5D9DFA-41F7-4DF4-9AAC-EFEA2AA8FE1E_zps70dtczcy.jpg

We went to Nostalgia World, which didn't yield a buy, but it was really cool to look at.
 photo A48816DE-9F06-46A1-89B4-63DEBD489362_zpsn8fsinly.jpg

 photo F4CD8289-A444-44AF-B8A4-CBBFBA6D04AF_zpswvx6nn1i.jpg

Someone at the bankruptcy court has a cat!
 photo F5222359-E9AC-42C5-B205-F5FA69596CD6_zpspnmg3srd.jpg

 photo 568020A0-CB6B-40B1-B678-266672AA7949_zpsh335si7b.jpg

Halloween treats:
 photo 23BEB084-7D17-4219-896F-4BF9B63C4C7E_zpsres9yf3m.jpg

Birthday treats:
 photo 6AB512A8-6C12-4944-B5F1-EBDA37C2EB0E_zpszuxojxd1.jpg

More birthday treats from Wee Betty's Cafe. Full Irish breakfast:
 photo 952F2114-A58B-4325-A9B4-AFA2B1A3B520_zpsulywevez.jpg

Scotch pie:
 photo FC4BA8A5-1828-4F1D-A7BA-9668C9D464D5_zpspusqunzt.jpg

Wee Betty's is just far enough for us to hardly go, but I'd like to because SNACKS. Those 
crisps and that Munchie bar are so killer:
 photo 7F19F9F0-FC98-4FD5-8C70-7D97BEC71FF9_zpshdhhwd7x.jpg

ATM took me to get Fatherland food @ Steinhaus Keller. Polka Your Eyes Out were IN. This is Halloween nacht, which explains the costumes:
 photo 73A74088-2141-4C50-B7AA-D3DC594A8C0A_zpsej7xlggq.jpg

ATM + I took a gamble for Halloween 2015. We thought we'd go get dinner and just try to find a party in Hot Springs. We were not disappointed.  All I can say is that it was fun + crazy. The cops came and they actually drew their weapons. Thankfully, no one was killed by the police.  The old house the party was in had an amazing pink tile bathroom:
 photo AAE9EF9C-3F8A-436E-AE7E-BC6087768BC3_zpsxdxfznbj.jpg

My dentist is perhaps a little too generous with the gas because I was certain I'd never feel normal again:
 photo 54F1D95B-8F32-474A-918F-B2457103F7F3_zps5zpzyzhs.jpg

You can get poutine in Little Rock from @ The Corner.  It's deece:
 photo 76617489-0938-4B13-81D1-CFD6A025FC8E_zpspknsagl7.jpg

After being gone for like four years, a swan returned to Lake No. 1. I almost cried, I thought they'd never return:
 photo D320971A-3027-4AF2-A47D-551577DE343F_zpsfxo7cdft.jpg

Sunset:
 photo 444DDF05-2BE1-467E-80E7-AC7FB0C8F978_zpsit30mzie.jpg

Mean-muggin' at another Parquet Courts show in Memphis/Hi-Tone:
 photo 1607B8CF-6BE9-4A10-80C3-50DC9FB0A340_zpssswvoz4m.jpg

So good, as usual:
 photo E4C6DCEA-D33B-4B34-87E6-0250D4EBCF0D_zpswwpevxwa.jpg

We stumbled across a short, but sweet Veteran's Day parade in Memphis:
 photo 72E3317A-41A7-4129-BEE4-3A4E525E745E_zpswo8jcej2.jpg

 photo B6A87648-B564-44BE-94CE-084B40781592_zpsiqvvrnr7.jpg

 photo 943A2A40-568F-4927-A2A2-B7A5417A2E8B_zpsseaebv8y.jpg

This truck pulled up next to us at the light. Memphis or paradise?
 photo 443D9364-DE0E-40CE-895E-A036056417B8_zpsgopf3tjb.jpg

We won't be able to make the John Carpenter movie night at the Malco Drive-In, but maybe you can on September 16?! Bring lawn chairs, bug spray, booze, and a sackful of burgers!
 photo 04513086-2805-4D3D-8C10-3700B1DC8625_zpsuwbbzzbp.jpg

Thee best tree in Argenta:
 photo B58DACA7-DD61-42ED-B31C-9FAE02DE2ED8_zps6xylg4cj.jpg

Burge's is always a treat:
 photo 5B277084-2887-4C4C-AF02-78B0885C0D20_zpspggs5zde.jpg

That turkey salad sandwich is so sick, and I just learned that you can buy a vat of it to-go, which, I should never ever do:
 photo 9E8307BF-6A3C-4A7B-88F4-A40F2F252FBF_zpsgzdoy32b.jpg

Posting these for posterity, because they've been bought and are undergoing major work right now:
 photo C97747D6-7345-4748-860D-D09726594078_zpsr5zjujvs.jpg

 photo 60633714-2DA6-4A1E-9142-F8E5B719CECC_zpsewj3af65.jpg

 photo E9A56B3D-7EE1-4462-96B7-F03715A192F2_zps2jg4qmtg.jpg

We had Thxgiving @ Everett's. I made some things. Nut & honey tart:
 photo 7B149678-8770-4A1F-900A-9F81937E72F1_zpsgc8izxrw.jpg

Watergate salad:
 photo 8D0C67BA-B556-486B-A598-F0BF1DE54038_zpszgkuwhl9.jpg

Smoked gouda mac n cheese:
 photo 6640A32A-613B-4361-93F7-1C49E6AD477E_zps8kkhzvav.jpg

Maple-glazed acorn squash:
 photo ECD8F50F-4EF9-4717-B3E7-C049C8A9F274_zpsxdftqzmh.jpg

Went home (Ft. Smith) to see Dad:
 photo 90617DAA-4771-425D-8E83-8A981B50D9CD_zpsamwaanwz.jpg

Drove out to Lavaca to look at the giant Budweiser silo:
 photo EC364693-7035-487B-858A-9CD80CD4B67F_zpseayvgshy.jpg

From the front porch. Those leaves though!
 photo 98C59D48-EA5F-4965-9B04-A982E1E2084C_zpsfsduwov9.jpg

The Xmas tree? Yeah, that didn't last. I wonder if Arrow will allow us to have one this year.
 photo 0BA66C80-C572-42AC-8875-DB0ED1BFBF88_zpsxy2uvpfl.jpg

 photo A70EC1DF-B5C9-4168-8571-4A6F265CE3A0_zpshuddcapm.jpg

Asked my hairdresser for a bouffant. Got a bouffant. It was awesome:
 photo B19A3BEF-6E04-442E-A132-BB1B6D83B24A_zps2f2etmge.jpg

 photo F5D0B195-DFC5-4B7A-87F2-5CFF76E15004_zps2m8gwgrw.jpg

Got to tour the mysterious Albert Pike Masonic Center:
 photo C3B87615-C28C-4B13-8827-A097FA54A1DA_zpscnms7wz8.jpg

 photo 8EC220B4-3142-4186-8E0B-631AA161092B_zpsnbgbclro.jpg

With my pal Kate, we snuck away from the tour group:
 photo B1CCD910-0543-48D4-9D3A-5ADB2184C038_zpsttvnmx5n.jpg

 photo DFA0D812-4A4C-4D00-8731-07F12679F507_zpsxjajacum.jpg

Love the hardware:
 photo F97C0E46-1F7C-4AEC-B049-BDDDFE5D6D00_zpsoizcswvf.jpg

 photo 95D2998E-6449-4F40-B285-B070A6EF5538_zpsl6msguce.jpg

 photo 686F4AB0-11C0-462B-94A3-6E4B03D38339_zpshmwtqhal.jpg

 photo 4D1F1598-6378-4120-A78D-7A559FA77FF0_zpsndve1rbi.jpg

 photo 2D645513-9B59-426C-973B-538EF4BC442D_zps51ne2lgu.jpg

 photo 3CE33102-CD6A-4DE4-A751-0692D9760777_zps73blanuy.jpg

Right up on the penalty box! Smells bad here:
 photo FD53E7A8-92E7-42DA-9071-CC3DE4B4AFD7_zpsyww01acr.jpg

 photo EBC5E09A-6393-434B-A3C4-09EE82FFED6C_zps5ffwqulq.jpg

We won!
 photo EBC037D0-C2AC-409C-AEC8-D34AEC2C6F68_zpsjhgbjn3p.jpg

We took Hwy 51 from Southaven to get back to Memphis. It takes you past Graceland:
 photo 85F3FCC3-DEB1-455A-A603-BD87E5DAAA05_zps6mr1ugvw.jpg

 photo 23D4D1AD-0206-4C7B-81C3-0ED44FF0053B_zpso6aa5nsv.jpg

Aldo's has the best pizza AND bathroom lighting. I sawr my grown woman face:
 photo ACDB164F-11D6-4A78-85AC-D22FFC309E3B_zpsy4cbed1p.jpg

 photo 7D16C4A3-61EB-4719-AFC9-F60C7318C908_zpstiikhxyg.jpg

Had to deal with a tree-climbing phase:
 photo A6C8040D-04CD-45C0-B2C4-EC4C018C9126_zpsgjfsd26a.jpg

Lunch with Judge Kilgore. They mistook his order of "four ribs" for four buns. HOW? I miss my boss:
 photo AE124C2A-82A9-4D25-8405-0A7A2AB20C68_zpslp8q351j.jpg

I'm such a pin-head these days:
 photo D5D5267B-9C72-4851-8F42-095C7CCE6740_zpspdv5zlh0.jpg

A quiet evening in:
 photo A193F119-E9C8-44CC-961E-8498687745D6_zpsxrr3ucov.jpg

I borrowed Everett's deep fryer and made matcha donuts.  They were good, natch:
 photo 415DE029-9632-4528-9908-7DE9467F1DE0_zpsk06kqgby.jpg

Work prank:
 photo 6C8ED1F4-6509-41CF-932E-8CC5A46A4ED5_zpsacn6emnp.jpg

I made a 'pinecone' cheeseball for a Xmas party I was too ill to attend, but ATM repped:
 photo 05399978-6175-40C7-BE1D-CF863F3FCD88_zps5yuxxrdz.jpg

This gal pulled out the recycling from the bins:
 photo 9285ABFD-D90E-4D5B-87FA-96CA2AAC9613_zps0e1dnsbb.jpg

We had to take the tree down well before Xmas because of this little mongrel:
 photo 242EB40F-D78D-47C4-AE7E-7A3068049398_zpstuuw18ke.jpg

Another Xmas in Mississippi -- we worked out on the Big Day! It was actually hot and humid. In December. 
 photo 89B025AD-81A3-4D1F-A865-72E50A5CA20F_zpsa7oxo0tb.jpg

Nephews!
 photo 42D2AB8B-0C8B-420C-95B0-697493B449FC_zpswjkpccf9.jpg

 photo FF0FDAB5-A7F8-48EB-AF7D-FD80FBAC802D_zpsv77gro2l.jpg

On the way home, we decided to finally try the Tamale Place (hello, tamale trail!) in Vicksburg, MS. It was closed, so we opted for a close second. I gotta side with the Texans on this one, Whattaburger is far better than In-N-Out. 
 photo 64F0F6B2-A094-40F8-B542-77DB4BE0EE4A_zpswnjjzozr.jpg

I am not exaggerating when I say that Arrow is one of my best-buds and we do everything together around the house:
 photo 777B8FEB-22F9-409F-A0C0-3A2F09026A39_zpslcfcbofz.jpg

ATM thinks I should try to make my first million selling these:
 photo E84F8CDA-818A-4697-ABA2-B91058BC7EE5_zpsvrvd05we.jpg

We found SOLO's old tent and set it up. Arrow took to it immediately, then she lost interest in it two weeks later:
 photo 80B72230-8488-49AA-8CF6-34CD34CD794C_zpsxqmgicv0.jpg

I don't care if I don't get work done:
 photo 911A95A5-A589-46DF-B3F6-A4E3064ED431_zpsqiqvvtwz.jpg

Our gang:
 photo F9216FD9-1497-43B2-BED6-261481FD3118_zpssdwlexhz.jpg

Well, that's gets us to end of 2015. 
Still undecided as to continue FEAR ANTS. It's all about the micro, these days.




1 comment:

boleroid said...

i tried to double click on some of these pictures more than once to 'like' them.

Blog Archive